Friday 1 August 2014

Notes: Leading lines. (WK 3)

Lines play a large part in art and photography in particular. Lines can be used to lead the viewers eye further in or out of the frame. Lines can help in the composition to make the photograph more appealing or to make otherwise mundane subject matter unusual or interesting. They can also be used to separate an image, i.e a wall, road or fence, into parts as well as being used to frame an image. Lines are often a form of anchor within the image, leading the viewers eye towards the object that the photographer was aiming to bring to the viewers attention.

The leading lines are pretty obvious in these three images, the first, the lines lead up to the sky (which is over exposed because of all the cloud that day, the sky was extremely bright.) in the second, the lines crisscross, drawing the viewers eyes in different directions. In the third, the lines are drawn to the middle and the hanging objects. The negative space in the sky around the structure helps add the emphasis on the lines.

I could adjust the exposure of the first image in camera raw, but I kind of like the grey-white of the sky and the way the water appears almost white as it drips off of the structure. I probably will look over this image again, and make some adjustments.



I couldn't find the exact image above, I have no idea where it went, so I took one of the other images that I'd taken that day, with the sky the same and used that one. I adjusted the first image in camera raw and what I found is that like with another one of my images, the sky started to become grey. I think the image on it's own looks better than what it did after I adjusted the exposure in camera raw. i did like that the blue became a little darker in the corner, but that was about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment