Sunday 24 August 2014

Selections. (DT WK5)

After
Before
Before
For this exercise we focused on parts of the photographs taken. The photo to the left was originally a photograph with her eyes closed. Using a second photograph, I selected her eyes and merged it with this image. It took a bit of getting used to, using the clone tool as well as the burn tool, but I managed to get the skin tone around the eyes to look as if the image was taken as it is. It was a long process, but the result was better than I first expected it to be.

In the lower image to the right, the objective was to separate the figure and the background and then change the colour of said background. We were practicing using the magic wand tool/quick selection tool and for the most part, it did get the majority of the background, although there are patches right around the figure and in between the strands of her hair. If I had spent more time on this image-and I fully admit that I did not spend all that much time on it- I could have taken out all the yellow in the image, especially around her hair. It was a particularly difficult area, but with more time, I probably could have done a cleaner job.

The image to the left of this paragraph was relatively easy, using the lasso tool I selected an area of the image and changed the colour using hue and saturation. It was a simple task and relatively quick. I chose pink because of how well it goes with the yellow and how well it stands out in the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment