Wednesday 6 August 2014

Camera Raw: Sharpen/Correct. (WK 3)

After
Before
With this photo I had a lot of correcting to do. The photograph was over exposed and from there I had to darken it and bring out the colours a bit more. I used the sharpen tool to make the lines within the image a little more prominent, especially the lines of the path. I'm not sure i like how the sky turned out, the grey in the top corner annoys me a little, but to take that out I'd have to tone down the blacks and shadows and I like the way the shadows are for the rest of the image. The trees were tinted a little pink so I had to adjust that and in turn bring out the greens in the image a little more than before, but the colour isn't overbearing.

 Ways I could remove the grey from the top corner: crop the image, or I could go back and adjust the exposure and white balance in camera raw.


In the left photograph, I adjusted the exposure and used the whites slider to reduce the amount of grey in the corner, it did however start to become overbearing and looked just as over exposed as the original image. In the right picture, i simply cropped the image, removing the grey area entirely. I don't know which i like more, the cropped image feels as if I'm closer to him and there's less noise, but the non-cropped one looks better in terms of depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment