Sunday 19 October 2014

Week 3: Experimenting with Tethered shooting.

I had a lot of fun with this experiment. I used myself as the subject and attached my camera to my laptop. I had the camera sitting on a tripod and the laptop facing me with a wireless mouse. It was interesting getting a handle on the program I was using and the ways I had to move in front of the camera to get the positioning right. It was a good learning experience and I really liked the results. I would like to try again as there is one photograph in particular that I would like to use for my final presentation, but my hand was out of focus and that is one of the pain parts of the image that I would like to be in focus.
F/2.8-ISO 800- 1/80

F/4- ISO 800- 1/80
This final photograph is one of my favourites out of the three of them. It's a little dark here, but as I'm going to re-shoot, it isn't too much of an issue. What I like about this the most is the pose. In trying to work out how to use the tethering program and getting all of the settings in camera right, I wasn't too focused on the pose in the image. I do like the partial shot of the face, but I would've liked the focus to have been more on my hand rather than lip. I like the way the lip bar and ring stand out in the image, the light reflects off of them, making them a little brighter and a lot more noticeable. Also, when zoomed in on this photograph, you can see all the detail in the skin of my cheek, which makes it look quite nice. The image is a little soft, I was fiddling with the aperture trying to get the hand in focus and because I kept changing the aperture I had to keep changing the shutter speed as well, the images just kept getting darker and darker. If I have this problem again, I can lighten the image in post production or move my placement  so there is more light on my face.

F/8- ISO 800- 1/30

No comments:

Post a Comment