Tuesday 21 October 2014

Portfolio Research: Gary Schneider

Shirley, 2001.
I really love this photograph, I'm not quite sure what's going on in the glass of her glasses whether it's a reflection or something added post production, but the detail in the face of the woman is astounding. I also love how she emerge from darkness and the slight shadows across her face. It was the detail in this photograph that really stopped me, the texture in her face relates to what I want in my portfolio work. The light is really well positioned and I think that's what's bouncing off of her glasses, but I'm not entirely sure. I like that you can also see detail in parts of her eyes. Schneider photographed 'Shirley' in other ways as well, a full body shot focusing on the detail in her body and skin. What I think the idea is, her, he wanted to show her and who she is. It's a really nice photograph and I do like the large depth of field, meaning the entire image is in focus rather than just a section of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment