Sunday 19 October 2014

Research: Tattoo Photography. (WK 3)

http://www.cuded.com/2012/05/tattoo-photography-by-jake-raynor/

I went in search of artists that used photography that focused more on detail and tattoo photography was one of the avenues I looked at. I looked at tattoo photography because the photographs quite obviously focus on parts of someone's body. A lot of the time, the entire photograph is in focus, which differs a little from the approach I'm taking, but it still gave me some ideas for pose and light. What I liked about the photographs in the link above was that, besides the last photograph, they were mainly focused on certain aspects of the woman's body. There was a lot of detail in those areas and the lighting, while in a studio was quite soft and similar to what I wanted to accomplish. I also liked that in the first two photographs, it wasn't her face and eyes that were the main focus of the images, there was detail in her face, but the positioning of her hair and her pose meant that it wasn't the main focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment