Monday 1 September 2014

Camera Practice: Imitation. (Self Directed)


On the left is the image I found when researching male model poses. I've had a lot more difficulty finding poses for men than what I did for women, so this practice task was both fun and informative. I took quite a few photos that were based loosely on the ideas I found on pinterest.  My photograph is a lot darker than the one of the left, I could use camera raw to adjust the exposure in the photograph to match something similar to the other picture. My light direction and position are also slightly different. I suspect that for the left hand picture, the photographer was below their subject, either leaning down, kneeling or on a lower step. Either way this vantage point is something that differs from my image.

Besides the obvious difference in these two photographs, the lack of rain/puddles and therefore the lack of the sky reflecting off of the ground, I think my imitation was pretty close. What I needed was to get a little closer to the subject, to allow him to mostly fill the frame. Because of the weather, the colours are a lot different as well, whereas in the first image there is a lot of cool colours, mine are quite neutral due to the overcast day. His clothes wouldn't have helped with this colour contrast either. had he worn hues such as the figure in the example photograph, the tone of the photograph would have been altered slightly as well. I know what I can do to improve my image, but as this was a practice to see what I could do when I used others images as inspiration I probably will not reshoot this image.


No comments:

Post a Comment